Benefits to Students:
- Participate in a variety of co-op experiences
- Develop competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased independence, confidence, and self esteem
- Obtain work based individualized coaching, instruction and feedback
You can contact Project SEARCH Toronto by email at email@example.com
Project SEARCH Toronto welcomes applications for the 2020/21 year from students who meet the following eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- have the desire to work competitively.
- be available to work at the conclusion of the Project SEARCH program.
- minimum of 18 years of age at start of program.
- be diagnosed with an intellectual/developmental disability (may be in addition to a physical disability or autism or other health condition).
- be enrolled in TDSB/TCDSB for the 2020/21 school year.
- agree that the 2020/21 school year will be the last year of student services and that student will not be returning to high school upon completion of Project SEARCH year.
- maintain appropriate behaviour /social skills/ hygiene in the workplace.
- be able to take direction from supervisors and change behaviour.
- be able to communicate effectively (i.e. oral or communication device)
- utilize public transportation when available, and participate in travel training to ensure success in using TTC or Wheeltrans independently.
- be able to pass a police check and be willing to complete hospital occupational Health Requirements/Forms, including but not limited to immunizations up to date, TB test, mask fit testing, etc.
Application deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.