Benefits to Students:
- Participate in a variety of co-op experiences
- Develop competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased independence, confidence, and self esteem
- Obtain work based individualized coaching, instruction and feedback
You can contact Project SEARCH Toronto by email at email@example.com
Project SEARCH Toronto welcomes applications from students who meet the following eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- have the desire to work competitively
- minimum of 18 years of age at the start of program
- be diagnosed with an intellectual/developmental disability
- be eligible to enroll in high school for the upcoming school
- agree that the Project SEARCH Toronto school year will be the last year of student services and that student will not be returning to high school upon completion of the program
- be available to work at the conclusion of the Project SEARCHToronto program
- maintain appropriate behaviour/social skills/ hygiene in the workplace
- be able to take direction from supervisors and change behaviour
- be able to communicate effectively (i.e. oral or communication device)
- Use public transportation when available, and participate in travel training to ensure success in using TTC or Wheeltrans independently.
- be able to pass a police check and be willing to complete hospital occupational Health Requirements/Forms, including but not limited to immunizations up to date, TB test, mask fit testing, etc.
Applications are available on this site each year from November – January.